Basic Environmental Policy and Environmental Conservation System
While our business activities contribute to the economy and society, they also put a heavy burden on the global environment. We at the KONOIKE Group are unified in resolving global environmental issues for sustainable development. Greenhouse gas emissions are an inevitable part of our business. We must make efforts to reduce these emissions at all business sites. When the Kyoto Protocol came into effect in 2005, we established our Basic Environmental Policy. This policy outlined our basic environmental philosophies and five action guidelines. Based on these guidelines, we set environmental targets for each business site and strive to achieve them. In addition, we are taking environmental issues in society head-on using the unique characteristics of our businesses. Examples include reverse logistics and recycling businesses, which play a role in the recycling-oriented society.
Basic Environmental Policy
1. Basic Philosophy
We at the KONOIKE Group recognize that global warming and other various environmental issues are common challenges for humanity. In order to realize a sustainable society, the entire Group will work together with people around the world to solve global environmental problems.
2. Action Guidelines
- In accordance with the Sustainability Basic Policy and the Basic Philosophy of this policy, we will comply with environmental laws and regulations and also take responsibility for setting and attaining targets for reducing environmental impact.
- In our business activities, we shall actively engage in the introduction of materials and equipment beneficial to energy conservation and renewable energy, and endeavor to improve our technical capabilities and skills in order to reduce environmental impact.
- To contribute to the conservation and harmonization of the global environment, we will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and expand carbon sinks, prevent environmental pollution, effectively use energy and resources, and promote green purchasing and the “3Rs” (reduce, reuse, recycle).
- In addition to the aforementioned environmental efforts through our business activities, each and every director and employee of the KONOIKE Group will actively engage in activities rooted in local communities from the perspective of a society in harmony with nature as good corporate citizens.
- We will endeavor to disclose information on our environmental efforts in an appropriate manner and strengthen communication with our customers, business partners, shareholders, local communities and other stakeholders.
Established: April 1, 2005
Revised: April 1, 2022
Representative Director, Chairman,
President and Chief Executive Officer