Basic Environmental Policy
1. Basic Philosophy
The Konoike Group recognizes that environmental protection is an important issue for people everywhere.
The entire Group is actively involved in tackling environmental issues to contribute to the realization of a sustainable society.
2. Action Guidelines
- 1. We observe all environment-related laws and regulations, and on our own initiative we have established environmental protection systems and set targets for reducing environmental impact which we are now working to achieve.
- 2. In addition to reducing environmental impact, conserving resources, and saving energy in our business operations, we are working to improve technologies and performance levels to further reduce our environmental footprint.
- 3. With the goal of ensuring that all our business activities are environmentally friendly, we work to prevent pollution, effectively utilize energy and resources, practice green procurement policies, and promote the 3 Rs (Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle).
- 4. We raise environmental awareness among employees through education and training that encourages them to participate in environmental protection activities as representatives of a “good corporate citizen.”
- 5. In Japan and in other countries and regions around the world where we do business, we work in close cooperation with local communities to conduct environmental protection activities appropriate for each location.
- 6. We disclose relevant information on our environmental protection efforts and properly communicate with all stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, stockholders, and local communities.
- 1. This Basic Environmental Policy has been revised in accordance with the company’s management authority rules.
- 2. Basic Environmental Policy established: April 1, 2005 Revised: June 1, 2013